Chance to Win $500 by Improving Your Money Smarts
In an effort to encourage more Albertans to further their financial education, we’re excited to introduce our brand-new incentive program―launching January 1st, 2020! We’re encouraging Albertans to learn more about money management and how to take control of their financial future.
Each month, every Alberta resident (18 years or older) who successfully completes our free online courses will have their name entered to win $500 the following month. Draws will be made each month (except July and August) to announce the lucky winner. The more courses you complete, the greater your chances are of winning.
To learn if you are eligible to participate in this contest, please be sure to review the rules below.
Good luck everyone and happy learning!
The fine print
Please read the following rules before entering:
- Participant must be a resident of Alberta, Canada.
- Participant must be of legal age (18 years old in Alberta).
- Eligible courses include all online courses, except Managing Money and Understanding Credit for Students. This course will be exempt from the incentive program.
- Participants completing an online course must complete the course on or after January 1st, 2020 and receive a passing grade of 70% or higher on the final exam to be automatically entered in the next draw.
- Only one ballot per participant can be added for each eligible online course completed.
- No draws will be made in July and August. Courses completed in June, July and August will be entered in the September draw. There will be two draws in September.
- Ballots are added to the draw the month following the course completion. For example, if a course is completed in March, the ballot will be added in the April draw―except if the course is completed in June. In that case, the draw will be held in September. (No draws will be held in July and August.)
- Ballots cannot be carried forward to subsequent months once a draw is completed.
- The winner of the monthly draw must be able to show government issued ID at one of our Money Mentors offices to claim their prize. They also must consent to having their name and which city they are from published in the Money Mentors monthly newsletter.
- Money Mentors employees are not eligible for the contest.