The only thing more rewarding than gaining control of your finances is helping someone else gain control of theirs. When you work at Money Mentors, you’ll be part of a team that provides money management education, coaching and credit counselling, and a lot of hope to many Albertans. As a valuable part of this not-for-profit, client focused organization, you'll get the chance to work in a dynamic, challenging environment that encourages initiative and a good work-life balance. It’s a true labour of love!
Work at Money Mentors and be part of a team that provides award winning money management education, coaching and credit counselling to Albertans!
Based in: Edmonton, Grande Prairie, Red Deer, Fort McMurray, Medicine Hat, Lethbridge
Reports to: Financial Literacy Coordinator (Schools)
Interested in helping others learn about good money management and want to make a positive difference for hundreds of high school students?
We want to hear from you!
Money Mentors is a not-for-profit organization that provides money management education to all Albertans. We’re looking for current post-secondary students (preferably second year) to deliver presentations (training provided) to high school classes on Budgeting and the Wise Use of Credit. Hours are flexible and we are willing to work around your academic schedule.
Applications/Questions: Email email@example.com
• Deliver a 1 to 1.5 hour presentation to students in various schools across the city
• All preparation, including supply collection from the Money Mentors’ office
• Assist in evaluating and suggesting improvements for future presentations
• Administrative duties, including follow-up and survey response collection
• Ideal candidate is a second year post-secondary student with daytime availability (8am – 4pm)
• Positive, outgoing, responsible and self-motivated individual
• Valid driver’s license and own reliable vehicle required
• Possess strong presentation skills and public speaking experience
• Basic understanding of finances and money management, including budgeting
• Previous experience working with youth in a leadership capacity an asset
- Assist clients in finding appropriate and satisfactory solutions to their financial difficulties (inside and outside of Money Mentors) and assist clients (new and existing) in developing skills to manage their personal finances responsibly
- Set up and manage the Orderly Payment of Debt program as required for appropriate clients
- Facilitate a variety of seminars and community information sessions
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned
- Some post-secondary education in Social Sciences, Human Ecology, Commerce or a related discipline;
- Financial counselling, crisis and family counselling, familiarity with community resources, and customer service;
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative;
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills;
- Superb presentation skills required;
- Proven PC skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet applications, as well as the ability to learn our computer system for recording and monitoring client information;
- Ability to handle a wide variety of responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently;
- Successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check;