The only thing more rewarding than gaining control of your finances is helping someone else gain control of theirs. When you work at Money Mentors, you’ll be part of a team that provides money management education, coaching and credit counselling, and a lot of hope to many Albertans. As a valuable part of this not-for-profit, client focused organization, you'll get the chance to work in a dynamic, challenging environment that encourages initiative and a good work-life balance. It’s a true labour of love!
Work at Money Mentors and be part of a team that provides award winning money management education, coaching and credit counselling to Albertans!
Your responsibilities for Counsellor and Community Relations will include the following:
- Assist clients in finding appropriate and satisfactory solutions to their financial difficulties (inside and outside of Money Mentors) and assist clients (new and existing) in developing skills to manage their personal finances responsibly
- Set up and manage the Orderly Payment of Debt program as required for appropriate clients
- Facilitate a variety of seminars and community information sessions
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned
You have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Human Ecology, Commerce or a related discipline
- Financial counselling, crisis and family counselling, familiarity with community resources, and customer service
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Superb presentation skills
- Proven PC skills in Microsoft Office Suite and Internet applications, as well as the ability to learn our computer system for recording and monitoring client information
- Ability to handle a wide variety of responsibilities simultaneously and efficiently
- Successful candidate will be required to undergo a Criminal Record Check